Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I haven't disappeared..

Hello! No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. But I have neglected my blog for some time, spending time instead on Our Illini Friends (blog) and Facebook. Here's a quick update on what's going on with me (get ready to snooze):

- I'm reading more and more and while my taste has been eclectic over the last few months I've really gotten into classics, pulling out old high school paperbacks like Wuthering Heights and The Awakening.

-I'm not a fan of New Year resolutions, but I MUST MUST MUST train and complete a 5K. It doesn't even have to be an official 5K, I just need to be able to run one. I've been talking about doing this since high school. This might sour me on running for the rest of my life, but I've got to check this off my To Do list so my brain can focus on something else! Which leads me to...

- My list of "wishful" hobbies keeps growing: learning a new language, playing the violin, learning how to play chess (thanks to the Chess game on my new MacBook Pro)...wow, I'm a nerd. An introverted nerd.

- If there was an award for being lazy I'd win every time. I'm like the Meryl Streep of laziness. I NEED NEED NEED to practice the piano more. Learning just a few bars of a new piece over a month is just embarassing.


Song in my head: Britney Spears' Circus. Why does she have to stick her tongue out when she sings certain words?

I have become...a Mac convert (sort of).

Can't wait for...the Lost premiere next week!!!

Debating whether...sleep is really necessary.

3 comments:

DMD said...

You were the one that recommended the Couch to 5K program to me several years ago so I'm recommending it right back.

Kelly said...

The Awakening and Wuthering Heights? You've named by 2 least favorite books that I read in high school. Add Grapes of Wrath and you'll have the whole trifecta.

Cindy said...

If I were forced to read the books in high school I would have hated them. But having the freedom to interpret the books without having someone else's ideas forced on me (and being tested on them) made the books enjoyable.